Advanced Institute (CD2)
|Date:||February 19 - 24, 2017|
|Speaker:||Dr. Becky Bailey|
|Age Range:||3-12 years|
|Wait List:||Add Name to Wait List|
|Helper:||Apply for Helper Position|
Each year a small group gathers to dig deeper into the structures, skills and powers of Conscious Discipline with Dr. Bailey.
Before attending the Conscious Discipline Advanced Institute (CD2), check to see if you are ready to maximize your experience. If you answer "yes" to all of the statements below, you can register for CD2.
- I have been practicing Conscious Discipline for at least 18 months in my home and/or classroom.
- I have attended the Conscious Discipline Summer Institute (CD1).
- I implement the Conscious Discipline structures in my school, classroom, agency and/or home.
- I have created a consistent, predictable environment, including utilizing visual routines for social expectations.
- I use the language of Conscious Discipline in my daily life.
- I apply the Seven Powers for Conscious Adults in my personal life and shifted my perceptions, my capability to handle conflict and my ability to manage my own inner states.
Read carefully BEFORE beginning your registration.
- When registering, attendees must provide a current photo of themselves and a baby/infant photo (at least 4x6) for our Friends and Family Board.
- Each attendee gives a three or 10-minute formal presentation about his/her application of Conscious Discipline.
- Each attendee gives a follow-up poster session. Poster sessions are essentially a 'show and tell' of your experience.
- Attendees will leave a 'contribution' from their poster display to be shared at future events.
- If you are using a PO to register it must be completed before you begin the registration process. (We can no longer confirm registration without full payment.)
The time together is intense, and only for those individuals who are ready for real change. If you are interested in becoming a Certified Instructor note that the Advanced Institute has often been seen as a step toward achieving Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor status. It still remains a requirement for potential certification because of the personal transformation that occurs at the Advanced Institute. However, participation is not a guarantee of becoming certified, and certification is not the purpose of the institute. Conscious Discipline is not a quick-fix intervention program, nor is the path to certification a quick process. Certification requires a great depth of knowledge, proven implementation, and advanced presentation skills.
- Deepen your Conscious Discipline understanding and implementation
- Enjoy the benefits of a smaller number of participants and direct daily contact with Dr. Becky Bailey
- Learn from peers during poster sessions and intimate group sharing
- Tackle a ropes course to learn more about yourself, connect with others and conquer your fears
- Tuition includes meals and lodging
- Advanced Institute workbook
- Conscious Discipline tote bag
|Sunday, February 19|
|Monday, February 20 - Thursday, February 23|
|8:30am – 9:00pm||Daily|
|Friday, February 24|
|8:30am – 12:30pm|
|12:30pm – 2:00pm||Lunch (included in the registration price)|
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- This workshop will qualify for four (4) CEUs
- 10 contact hours of education/participation = 1 CEU
- Cost: $85
- Deadline to register for CEUs is one month after the workshop
To register for CEUs online, please:
- Click on "Register for the credits online” and follow the instructions
For further information or questions regarding CEUs, please contact:
Correne Constantino, Concordia University
This workshop will be held at:
Canterbury is a rustic retreat located in the woods. There are no phones or refrigerators in the rooms. A microwave and small refrigerator are located in the lounge area outside of the conference room that all may use. There is also a Publix Supermarket within walking distance.